Monday, August 25, 2014

The Power of No!



Self-love is so important, I'm sure you've heard that before. Do you know why? Do you know why people say you can't love anyone else until you learn to love yourself?
Because all love comes from within; and until you learn to love yourself, you have no clue what love even is. You give what you think is love but it's just a desperate plea to get love. And if you don't actually love yourself, you won't allow the person you're trying to love give you any love in return.
It sounds convoluted, and I would normally write it out better but it's after 2 in the morning so bear with me.
Since I've began on this journey, the difference in me has been absolutely, unquestioningly profound. I just started; I still struggle with basic interactions every single day. I have to ask myself constantly, "What would someone who loved themselves do?" and just DO IT even though a part of me still thinks I'm undeserving. Of course that's crap, but at least I'm at a point where I can see that now.

http://deannevictor.hubpages.com/hub/The-Power-of-No-or-How-To-Love-Yourself-When-You-Dont-Know-What-Love-Is

This is the very first article I ever published, and I'm so proud!!
I wrote it for people who have been so hurt and scarred from abuse that they are starting from a negative vantage point where normal people are concerned. Not only do they not know what love is, but they have to unlearn all that self hate just to reach a neutral point where they would allow themselves to learn about love.

It's got a few comments already which has encouraged me to move forward. I'm so excited and optimistic and I've already got so many other topics in mind to write about that I can't decide which to do next!!

No comments:

Post a Comment